Pages

A Cheeky Trip to the Burn O' Vat

Woo! 2 blog posts in 2 days! Look at me go =]

A few weeks ago myself and a few members of my family decided to go out for a drive up Deeside. We stopped at a place called Banchory for some ice cream before we headed up past a small village called Dinnet and to a place called The Burn O' Vat. 

Cue action shot of The Burn O' Vat 
The Hidden Entrance
Once you get to the visiter center, theres a short walk till you get to the actual Vat, which involve climbing under some rocks to a hidden entrance, and once there, you are greeted by this sight.

This is definitely one of my favourite pictures taken on the day.


Looking out of the vat towards the hidden entrance




According to local folklore, the cave located behind the waterfall was used as a hiding place by a notorious Scottish outlaw called Rob Roy, who was on the run from authorities. It's this story that makes me enjoy coming here. You can imagine how exciting that story is when you're just a wee loon.



Mum and Eve climbing to the Lookout Point






Once we had been to the vat, we headed back to the car using the other route. This takes you up to a lookout point that overlooks Loch Kinord. (We went fishing here once. My little brother fell in and all I caught was a cold. Needless to say that was an experience I'd rather not have to partake in again!)
Looking out across Loch Kinord











 Everyone had a good day, and it was awesome to spend some time catching up with my family =]




So yeah, gonna end this blog post with a picture of my family and I at the lookout point. Thank god for self timers on cameras! (And my wallet for holding the camera up at an angle) 
My Mum, My Sisters Meghan, Rebekah and Eve, and Myself


We look composed and normal in this picture. Just a shame we didn't in the first take! Take it easy, and I'll fire off another blog post tomorrow.

Peace.Love.Over&Out
My family. We're a wee bitty mental.








Kodiaq

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment