Pages

The Day My Heart Broke

As you guys have probably read, my Grandad (Papa Don) had a fall at the weekend as was taken into hospital. Everything seemed to be going fine until yesterday when he collapsed while in the toilet. 

He was unconscious for over an hour before the doctors and nurses managed to get him awake again. Spent the whole day at the hospital with the rest of the family keeping an eye on him and making sure he was okay. We've decided that if anything happens not to resuscitate him.

I had the joys of being left alone with him when my oldest sister Meghan took my Dad, Brother and Sister home so that they could chill before coming back up to the hospital at night. 

Papa Don and myself shared a little bit of a heart to heart in which he told me that he misses my Grandma and just hopes that he'll be meeting her again soon before bursting into tears. He was with her for almost 60 years, and I can't even begin to fathom how hard losing her must have hit him. This hit me like train. Seeing a man you've looked up to all of your life, who's never let anything stop him before, shatter before your very eyes truly is a heartbreaking experience. Like the message I sent to my girlfriend said. I think my heart just broke.

So once again, I'm asking all of you guys to spare a thought for him when your talking with The Almighty, and hopefully he'll pull through and be Papa Don again. 

Thank you.

Sam x


Kodiaq

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment