Pages

Get Well Soon Papa Don

So this totally isn't the blog post I was going to do today, but circumstances change.

My Grandad (AKA Auld Davie, or as I like to call him "Papa Don") phoned today telling us that we had to go over straight away because "everything" was wrong. He's 88, lives on his own and isn't as mobile as he used to be. He only lives 5 minutes from our house so it took no time to get there at all.
Papa Don taking a cheeky snooze at Christmas.
When we got there, we found him sitting in his bed, with a walking frame (that belonged to my Grandma before she died) next to him. Turns out, he fell out of be during the night, and hadn't been able to get out of bed or put any weight on his left leg. He lives in sheltered housing, and did he see to tell the warden about his accident? No.

See, my Granda is of the old school, where admitting that something is wrong with you is like an admission of Homosexuality. But this time, he insisted that we get the doctor in instead. This is when you know something really is up.

He also has an aneurysm which he's had for some time (They could have operated, but there was more risk than benefit in it) and he was complaining of stomach pains and swelling around his abdomen. He's also affa confused today. He couldn't remember if he'd had breakfast this morning. Turns out he hadn't as his porridge was still sitting in a pan on top of the cooker.


Cue ambulance with flashy lights on.


So he's currently in Hospital waiting to see the doctors to see if he's done damage to his hip (I'm thinking he's fractured it) and to see if there has been any trauma to his aneurysm that might have caused the swelling.

Now, I'm not a religious man. I'd rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief. But (And this is a big but) Anyone who reads this, and is religious, could I ask keep him in their thoughts when they're speaking to the big man upstairs? It would be much appreciated.

Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery.

Peace.Love.Over&Out.


Papa Don and my sister Rebekah before her Prom. 









Kodiaq

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep him in my thoughts hope he's better soon Xxxx

    ReplyDelete