Pages

City Slicker.

So probably one of the biggest things that has happened to me this year is earning the promotion that I've worked hard for a year to get. I work for the greatest company out there and to be part of the bigger picture truly is a rewarding experience. Not many people can say that the truly love what they do. Most people slave away in an office 9-5 every weekday only to hate the very job that they work hard to do.

Not me!

This promotion involved a fellow colleague and I hitting up London for a grand total of 3 weeks for training. I'm not going to lie, it was hard both with the stuff we had to learn, but also that fact that this was the longest that I had ever been away from Sarah and April. Praise be to FaceTime!



It was probably one of the best experiences of my life, especially getting to meet other people from the company that were taking the same steps as us, but also all the other guys who work in the "Fruit Stands" everywhere else.



We adapted to the 8.30-5.30 Monday - Friday shifts and got to use our weekends off to do the tourist stuff, heading into London and doing some sight seeing and visiting a couple of the museums while we were there. The Natural History Museum was pretty incredible, especially the dinosaur exhibit. I mean, its dinosaurs! Who doesn't love a good old dinosaur?!

Dinosaurs!
Good Old Piccadilly Circus!

The Olympic Stadium





We also got a tour round the BT Sport Studios from my cousin Colin who works there as a Sound Engineer. It was pretty cool watching a football game and seeing them add the commentary and the graphics before the viewers watching it at home saw it. Pretty sure it was only a 7 second delay but it was still cool none the less!

Even though it was a fun 3 weeks, I was still glad to be home and see my little family and get back to work. April was in bed when I got home, we woke her but she was so tired that she never noticed it was me! The following morning, I went into her room to pull her covers over her and she stirred a little and then realised it was me. She shot up and shouted "YOU CAME BACK!" and gave me the biggest, bestest bosie ever!

Aberdeen, soon.
I miss the guys I met down there, but I know they'll all be working hard fighting the cause. Team work makes the dream work after all!

Just a little insight as to what I've done these past couple of years. Be sure to check back just incase I post anything else. I'm surprised I even got round to doing this.

Peace.Love.Over&Out.

x

My favourite office 







Kodiaq

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment